Hi! I’m Laura from Reviews & Randomness, which is a little virtual space I’ve created to bring a little more cheer to the internet world. I share reviews of products/services, tips, and random things that tend to pop into my brain (like the time my dishwasher broke for over a month…it was bad…very bad). Below is a deeper dive into the site and what my hope is that YOU can gain from reading my posts.
Who is Laura?
I live in the United States (specifically around Dallas, Texas). I absolutely enjoy telling my friends and family about all the products/services I love, which is basically why I decided to finally start a blog so I can stop texting my family and friends about everything. Ha!
I’m a mom of two young girls and a wife. I worked in loyalty marketing for nine years and currently stay at home with my children. I’m in a unique position where about half my time as a mother was spent working a full-time job in an office setting, with a commute and the latter half so far is me staying at home with my girls and everything else that entails. So, I have a perspective from both sides of working mom/stay-at-home mom. I can assure you both are hard. Period.
What can I (the reader) gain from reading your posts?
Here is my hope…….
1. That you find light-hearted reading amongst an internet world with so many judgmental opinions and negative news
2. Walk away with known knowledge of products/services and be confident that I’ve put these recommendations in front of you with integrity and honesty. There are countless reviews out there. I’m hoping to narrow that down a little more for you.
3. Make you feel better as a person (let’s face it, compared to most of my posts, you probably walk away thinking you’re a rock star!)
4. All of the above and leaving the site with a smile on your face
What will I (the reader) not find on this site?
1. In depth critiques of products/services….that’s what Consumer Reports is for. I’m not trying to reinvent the wheel here. I will include any pain points though if it’s warranted.
2. Stories of products/services that I despise….there’s enough bad in the world. This is my happy place, and I want it to be yours too.
What if I don’t want to read another blog post, but I’m still interested in your review?
On product/service posts, I will list a summary at the bottom of the post. It’ll entail the product name, place of purchase, any pain points that I listed in the article, and easy links to see it yourself.
You can stay connected with me by:
1. Subscribing to my try-to-be weekly Newsletter (look on the right hand side of my blog for the sign up form)
2. Follow me on Facebook at the Reviews and Randomness Page
3. Email me at Laura@reviewsandrandomness.com
While you’re on the site…..
Take a look around at the different categories I listed. Meet my dog, Rusty, where I talk about his favorite pill pockets, see how a typical “tea” party is with my girls, how I’m jealous that my girls get to ride scooters, and the very first post I ever wrote before this blog was a blog, featuring….my vacuum!
I’m excited to have you here!